Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? about master cylinder, please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about master cylinder, please help

This master cylinder comes from a 00' Firehawk. It looks exactly like the one on my 98 Z28 can I use this one on my Camaro? I also want to know will I have a problem removing my master cylinder and replacing it with this one? Is it difficult to change the master cylinder? Can I just replace my master cylinder fluid container, with this one? My master cylinder fluid container has a leak at the threads and I would like to replace it with this used one. Help - thanks in advance. One more question, are all LS1 master cylinders interchangeable within the 98-02 model years? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, how about just anwering if the remove and install of the master cylinder is fairly easy? I know I will problably have to take it to the dealership to get the brakes bleed at all four corners.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a direct swap,you'll be fine.If you bench bleed the master cyl,and are real easy with the lines,you might not have to bleed the system at all,or just at the master cylinder.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IMKMFAST
It's a direct swap,you'll be fine.If you bench bleed the master cyl,and are real easy with the lines,you might not have to bleed the system at all,or just at the master cylinder.
Thats man. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into trouble by doing this install myself.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98BXR
Thats man. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into trouble by doing this install myself.
It's a lot easier than it sounds. The master/resevoir for all LS1 F-bodies is the same; I checked the parts film. And bleeding the system is easy; you just need a second person and some brake fluid.

If just the plastic bottle is leaking, you can just replace that. Just pull hard and it will unseat. It's just held in by the rubber grommets.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

TooSlow02: great info, thanks a bunch. Since I can just remove the plastic bottle then this is the only thing I will be replacing, thanks again.

Quick Reply: ? about master cylinder, please help