Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shocks needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks needed!

Well its time to get some new shocks for the Z, two reason's one its got 105k on it, two its my birthday and my parents are nice enough to buy me some. So what are some good shock (front and back) at a decent price and where can i find em'. Thanks for any help.
Alittle side note, I have a race sometime this week with an sti that has 375hp and 444 ft/lb, I've only got 344/350. I'm going to give it hell, but I'm a little nervous, I don't want to loose to a four cylinder, even though it is a respectable four cylinder.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Renfro
Well its time to get some new shocks for the Z, two reason's one its got 105k on it, two its my birthday and my parents are nice enough to buy me some. So what are some good shock (front and back) at a decent price and where can i find em'. Thanks for any help.
Alittle side note, I have a race sometime this week with an sti that has 375hp and 444 ft/lb, I've only got 344/350. I'm going to give it hell, but I'm a little nervous, I don't want to loose to a four cylinder, even though it is a respectable four cylinder.
For the shocks, what is your budget? Bilstein HD's are a good compromise, and Koni SA are awesome from what I hear.

I would be nervous too. Unless that guy can't drive or get traction, you are gonna need some major luck. Your car is probably a lot heavier to boot.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

If you're staying with stock springs, Bilstein HDs would be a good choice.