Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pro-kit owners ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro-kit owners ????

After installing your pro-kit did it affect your ride any ?

Are there any other mods you suggest doing along with the springs ?

Is there another spring you'd recommend over the pro-kit ?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

I'd change the shocks w/ the springs esp. on an older car like yours. I went w/ revalved Bilsteins from Strano and it made a huge difference in ride. Much stiffer and the car corners much better. However, if you have a little money to spare I'd get the Koni SA's cause they can be adjusted a little softer than the Bilsteins. I love the look of the Prokit and have been very happy w/ it. Another mod you will want is to swap out the rear axle bumpstops w/ some from a reg T/A or Z28, they are a little shorter and will be much softer when bottoming out, which the prokit will do occasionally.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 AM
Launching!

Default sway bars

hey, one mod you should look into is bigger sway bars i went with the eibach 35mm,25mm kit and noticed a big difference when cornering.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Im not real worried about how the car handles, I want a good ride and a mean stance
Old 03-13-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definetly change your shocks and struts. You will need BMR Bolt-in Relocation brackets to. If you ever plan on laying down any rubber after you lower your car. I am going to warn you though your car is going to ride alot firmer than stock. Especially with people in your car. But if I had to do it over again. I would have got Hal's QA1's shock and strut combo for the front and got just there shocks for the rear. Then used the fact. spring in the rear with the rubber spring bushing removed and replace with a rubber hose around it. That would give you enough drop in the rear and the front you could set where ever you wanted with the Coil-over's. This set-up might cost you about $100bucks more or not if you shop around. But it would be well worth it.
Did a little research for you.
LM Performance.

Bilsteins 379.95 a set
Pro-kit 222.95 a set
That's 602.90 for everything

Thunder Racing

$689.99 for Hal's Both front struts/springs and both rear shocks with the spanner wrench. You can also choose your spring rate for the front.

I beleive I would spend the extra money to have the adjustability of the Hal's and not have the saggy rear springs. I would have gotten this set-up but I bought my springs before I discovered LS1tech.

Last edited by skewba98z28; 03-13-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Banned

Of course there's a difference in ride, a big one. The car is lower, less suspension travel meaning a firmer ride. More difficult taking curbs and speed bumps for sure but the handling....holy ****! You can take turns harder and faster. The car feels much more solid, almost glued to the road.

Quick Reply: Pro-kit owners ????