Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ride quality help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 12:03 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ride quality help....

I have front Hals and rear 50/50 race shocks.I'm putting 18's on the car and really want the car to ride better,with my race type setup it rides like a tank.

Would Bilsteins/eibachs ride better w/the wheels...
Old 03-19-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
I have front Hals and rear 50/50 race shocks.I'm putting 18's on the car and really want the car to ride better,with my race type setup it rides like a tank.

I ran the Bilsteins/Eibach prokit set up for about a year and I really liked it. The car would bottom out some times but it was the springs and the satance looked good, actually maybe to slammed. It would be a good set up but I am sure you will get more replys and opinions.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Banned

I like the hals also!!
Old 04-03-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JS

I would think the soft springs and shocks of a drag setup would ride pretty smooth.

What spring rates do you have now as well as what tires?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have rear hals and they work great. You can make it all soft and mushy or firm it up like a dump truck. On the hals i have it set to 4 or less. anything more makes it hard but handles a bit better. I think the setting of 5 on hals/qa1 is equal to stock. I would check them out and you can adjust them for the street than change it up for the track..... oh how do you like the hals on the front for racing. I dont have them yet but from what i have read they really let the front end rise and help plant the rear tires on launch... whats your take on them...