Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Removal???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Removal???

I was wondering what the gains are, if any to removing the abs from an f-body. My friend in his 98 can't bleed his brakes without a special tool, prolly for the abs pump.

Also, does anyone have a guide for this? I realize abs can be useful, but for what i want to do with my car, abs is not really going to help me much. Thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Removing ABS eliminates many headaches that can arise. It will clean up the engine bay quite a bit making it easier to work on the car. It will also remove ~10 -14 lbs of weight off the car between the computer, abs bracket and modulator.

We have kits that enables you to remove the whole setup which includes the proportioning valve and misc. fittings and lines. We offer it in a variety of configurations with or without a line lock (NOW is the time to add the line lock if you don’t have one yet).

ABS is not a very good option for the road race or drag race guys…it causes more problems then helps. For the everyday yearly driver whom uses the car in snow/rain etc all year…it’s up to you if you want to remove ABS. Normal braking is NOT effected when your brakes are biased correctly with a proportioning valve when you remove your ABS.

There's a person whom just recently posted a picture of his setup using compression fittings w/ferrules. Also look at sjmmanufacturinginc.homestead.com and see how ours look.

I commented in his post for others to note that compression fittings are NOT meant to be used on vehicle braking systems. He was aware of this. He went against what a correct setup was and felt secure with his decision.

If your going to set up your car, do it safely and correct. ONLY use double flare or bubble flare fittings.

Hope this helps,

Steve
SJM Mfg, Inc
sjmmanufacturing@verizon.net
Bogart wholesale/distribution
412 508 0634