Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need T/A help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need T/A help please!

I want to buy a new torque arm but not sure if the one I want will work. I'm looking @ the Sphoon adjustable that mounts on an included crossmember. I know when you order one of these they ask you if you have LT headers or not. I do but my Y pipe was built back in the day when Hooker didnt make one for their LT's yet so one of the sponsors custom built one to fit. It has worked great so far but I'm affraid it will interfere with trying to add the cross member back where it was already removed. I could still access the bolt holes but have only about 1/2 to 3/4" between that part of the floor and the exhaust. What I really need is some pics if any of you guys happen to have this T/A. If the end of the crossmember is pretty thin then it just may work. I appreciate any input anyone is willing to give. Thanks,

Hummer
Old 05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crossmember(tunnel brace) is tubes( it is not thin). They have two types. One has a bend in the middle model 405. One does not. Does your stock brace fit? IF YES u do not need bend. IF NO u need bend(405). If u want quite get poly. If u do not care get rod end
Old 05-12-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowToy/A
The crossmember(tunnel brace) is tubes( it is not thin). They have two types. One has a bend in the middle model 405. One does not. Does your stock brace fit? IF YES u do not need bend. IF NO u need bend(405). If u want quite get poly. If u do not care get rod end
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help. I dont care about noise, probably couldnt hear the metal rod ends over the locker anyway (lol!) . My stock brace was removed when TR built the Y-pipe. You couldnt put it back without exhaust work now.