Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni And Eibach Prokit ????????? Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Koni And Eibach Prokit ????????? Help

I have the eibach prokit on my car and want to do suspension. I was looking at koni sa and da shocks. will these work with my springs and which on do i get if so. I would also like to know what the other best suspension mods are you would suggest. i want good cornering and the occasional street race or drag racing day at the track. this car is not my daily driver so a stiffer ride will not hurt. I will be getting 18x9 and 18x11 wheels next spring so everything needs to work with those. thanks in advance. mario
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Banned

Bfh Mod
Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Teching In

i have koni sa and a prokit.athough there may be better springs i like the stance on the prokit with the koni's.as far as handling i love it,i have 18x8.5 wheels plus the mods in my sig.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, there is no reason for you to look at the more expensive DA's. The SA's are cheaper and will work fine for your application.

The SA has adjustable rebound so you can tailor the ride to suit you. The SA's in the rear might be a bit over kill. Most folks go with the Bilstein 3rd gen rear shocks. I hear they work great and are cheaper as well.

Front SA are $248ea from Sam Strano.
Rear Bilstein is $80ea.
Another thing to consider is an bigger front sway bar like the Suspension Techniques 35mm. It is pretty cheap and works real well. Keep the stock rear sway bar for now.

All these parts will work together and provide a nice ride. You could even go with stiffer springs if you wanted. My daily driver has 550/170 springs. The Prokit has 400/80-137, so it's a bit on the soft side.

Quick Reply: Koni And Eibach Prokit ????????? Help