Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rotor removal help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rotor removal help

I can't get my rear driver side rotor off. I don't have the e-brake on and didn't have any issues with any other rotor. I've hit it as hard as i can and doesn't budge. What do i have to do to to get this thing off.

thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check out this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=rotor

In it, I and others mention our issues with removing stuck rotors.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought i had stuck rotors on the back of my z when i had to hit it for a while with a hammer, HAH that was a piece of cake compared to my jeep. THe rotors on my jeep were stuck on like crazy. I torched them, and then poured ice on them, beat them with various sledges, tried all things on the forum, nothing worked. Finally I was so mad I didnt care any more. Grabbed like a 20 pound (at least!) axe with a 3.5-4ft handle. The head was about a foot and a half long. I just started swinging like a lumberjack on steroids on parol. Three hits and that sucker popped right off. THe axe just put MASSIVE power and momentum into a very small area and did the trick. I highly recommend this slightly insane method. By the way when it finally popped off my arms and hands were solid black with grease and dust, and i had dust and oil on my face and in my hair. I was so happy I got that bitch off that i grabbed the rotor, ran out of my garage into my street and threw the rotor down the street as hard as I could, it was a sweet feeling Now if only my neighbors didn't think I was psycho.....haha