Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni DA question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni DA question.

I purchased a set of koni DA and was wondering where would be a good setting to start with. I dont know a whole bunch about the adjustments I just knew that they were good shocks and I couldnt beat the 210 dollar deal for all four corners brand new. So if any of you guys have any websites that would help me learn how to adjust these shocks it would be a great help.
I drive the car on the street most of the time but go to the track every so often. Though I do get into the street race alot. I would like the setup to perform well in straight line but also do well in cornering. Is it possible to have this.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what the "official" way of adjusting them is, but I start on the softest settings and adjust from there until it feels right to me.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Counter clockwise is firm, clockwise softens them up. I'm running 600lb front springs and I'm running my DAs at four sweeps from full stiff on rebound, full soft on compression. The rear springs are progressive going from 94lbs to 160lbs and I'm running the rebound at about half of it's range, compression is set full soft.

When adjusting, make big changes at first so that you can feel the difference and see what each change does. If you make adjustments one sweep at a time, it's too little to see or feel the change. If I remember right, there is something like 10 sweeps in the front for rebound. Maybe go up four sweeps at a time till you find a spot you like. I'm sorry but I can't remember how many revolutions there are in the rear shocks but that's easy, just run it all the way down,,, then run it back up while counting the revolutions.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would start out with the rears both full soft.

The front compression full soft and the front rebound halfway.

Then play with the front rebound to get the feel you want. More will make the front respond quicker to input, but cause it to skate under cornering. Too much will also make the highway ride a bit too rough. So go as firm as you can without making the ride too stiff. You can play with the rear rebound to see what you like, but most keep them near or at full soft. Few will increase the compression. Unless your are a real corner carver, you should probably keep the compression at full soft.

Here's my adjustment page. It has pics for you.
http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?a...=1881&hl=koni&