1LE Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:20 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1LE Springs

Hi

Does anyone know a source (other then GM) to get new 1LE springs. GM has the part numberS listed but they cost a small fortune.

Thanks JA
Old 06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last I heard, they weren't being made anymore. GM was the only place I knew of. Have you tried calling SLP? They might have taken some off of factory cars when they upgraded the springs.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:49 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Last I heard, they weren't being made anymore. GM was the only place I knew of. Have you tried calling SLP? They might have taken some off of factory cars when they upgraded the springs.
Hi

I gave GM the 1LE part numbers and they gave me 2 change up numbers, so GM can replace them, but I can get no info on what the actual spring rates are. It is risky to buy them I think. Also, the earlier SS cars had the same spring rates as the 1LE springs, but with different part numbers I think. It might be possible to get SS springs from GM. There are alot of different part number and it is very confussing. SLP does not have them any more.

Thanks JA
Old 06-19-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell us what you have and why you want the 1LE springs, maybe there is another route you can take.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:25 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi

I have decided to go with aftermarket lowering springs. But you have a good question.

I figured the biggest bang for my suspension buck was new Konis. But when I got the quote for installing them I relaized the change out labor was significant. So I figured I should do aftermarket springs at the same time to avoid double labor in the future.

My buddy's car had bad wheel hop after he lowered his Camaro, so then I figured that I should get LCA relocation brackets. Of course this also leads to an adjustable panhard, etc. Most of this stuff is reasonable in the US, but living in Canada means importing and it gets very expensive. I thought a set of 1LE springs and Konis would be a good setup and within my budjet.

However, I just ordered Spohn LCA brackets, control arms, adjustable panhard rod and adjustable torque arm from Fast Toys. So after these parts are installed I can go with any springs I want. I will do the shocks and spring after, as part 2 of my mods. It make sense, but I was hesitant to spend substantual money on my car and still have the factory shocks. They are total pieces of crap. Anyway I will eventually end up eventiually with an awsome handling car.

Thanks JA

Quick Reply: 1LE Springs