Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bleeding abs brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bleeding abs brakes

i heard that bleeding the brakes on a car with abs is different then other cars. so my question is, is there any special way to bleed my 1998 z28 camaro.

my dad says for his vette he has like to do rear right then front right then like front left then rear left or some order like that. is that the same type of thing for my car? if it is what is the order?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can bleed your brakes just fine using the standard RWD procedure (i.e. pass rear, driver rear, pass front, driver front). You won't get 100% of the fluid, but you'll get close. If you want to be really ****, then just bleed it, take the car for a spin and activate the ABS, then bleed it again.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What you may be refering to is if you happen to get air in the ABS module. For instance if you open a break line and let the fluid all drain out. If that happens you can take it to a dealer and they can use a special tool to cycle the abs module to get any air out of it.

Are you just bleeding the air out or flushing the fluid?

Either way, you always want to start with the bleeder furthest away from the master cylinder and work your way toward it.

I fabbed up a power bleeder to replace all the fluid with fresh stuff. It never allows air to get into the system and replaces the fluid in the ABS module as well (at least most of it in there).

Quick Reply: bleeding abs brakes