Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with A-Arm Removal!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with A-Arm Removal!!

Hey guys,
I'm callin upon you for some help. I have the old K-Member out from under the car with all the suspension on it still, I have the uppers off. However I don't have my tubular A-Arms yet to go with the Tubular K-Member, but I can't get the front bolt out. I have my Craftsman 1/2" Impact, that hits 1250 times per minute, and has 550 ft/lb of tq. It wont budge it. Yes I have plenty big of a compressor to run it. 60 gallon, 7.5hp dual stage Craftsman Professional Compressor. I need to get the stock A-Arms on there for now, as I need to get the front wheels back on to roll the car outta the garage for the cage install, and to clean up the garage....Please help me out ASAP with any info, or any methods you used. I had thought about cutting the plates on the K-Member with a cutoff wheel, and then hittin the bolt out, but even then the bolt must just be rusted up in there too damn tight, and I dunno if I could get a good hit on it with a sledge...Email is XxXTransAm2@aol.com, or MxRacer476 is my IM name if you don't wanna post on here....