Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

can't tell that much diff wit SFC

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can't tell that much diff wit SFC

I put competetion engineering ones on and not that much diff to me. where will I tell it the most
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I didnt get much of a diffrence either...the bigest change I felt was when I installed my STB..that was immedieate

Second biggest diffrence I felt was when I lowered my car.....together they work very well..

I jwould have ito think that inorder to realy feel the difernce after instaling SFC you'd have to be really putting down some torque
Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BitViper
Actually I didnt get much of a diffrence either...the bigest change I felt was when I installed my STB..that was immedieate

Second biggest diffrence I felt was when I lowered my car.....together they work very well..

I jwould have ito think that inorder to realy feel the difernce after instaling SFC you'd have to be really putting down some torque
Actualy the difference is immediate depending on the car, driver and which SFC you installed. I have t-tops. I installed KB DD's and the impact was immediate. The car became 100% tighter in turns. A hard top might not experience as much body flex as a t-top or vert and depending on the design of the SFC as well, plus you might not drive the car hard enough to notice the difference.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have them for my LS1 yet, but my Mustang felt 100x better going over bumps after SFC's. The car felt much more controlled and stable.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

I did'nt notice **** on the drag strip, but in the cornering it does feel more rigid. I have T tops also.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by (JRracing 24
I did'nt notice **** on the drag strip, but in the cornering it does feel more rigid. I have T tops also.
I'm not sure you should notice a difference at the drag strip. Its a 1/4 mile straight shot there. Body twist doesnt really hurt your 1/4 mile time as its all about traction. But it will cause stress fracs at the quarter panels after time. Have you ever seen a dragster flex? Man they'd pretzel out of not for the front end... but anyway the corners and bumps are were the difference should be felt....
Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

I have a T-top car. I went with BMR boxed weld ins. I didn't notice too much at first. Cornering is a little better. Drag strip is an improvement because power is put to the wheels instead of the body flexing. The biggest thing I noticed was going over RR tracks, and on the bumpy *** roads in this town.

Quick Reply: can't tell that much diff wit SFC