Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Major Steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Steering problem

I need some help finding out what the heck is wrong with the ws6. Last night after some fireworks I decided to do a doughnut in a huge parking lot. Well I shouldnt have done it. After leaving the lot I was going down the road and was ready to make a left turn and all the sudden it felt like i had no power steering and was driving an old mack truck and really had to put some elbow grease into the turn. for the rest of the night the steering was not good at all so after I took my girlfriend home I was so pissed off I was on a nice straighaway and gave it hell, next thing you know it felt like it was steering back to normal. I checked the power steering fluid and it was a little low. So what do you think is the problem. Should I take it in, still under warranty, its an 00 ws6 m6 with 33k mi on the clock. Any help would be great. Thank you so much. Oh ya could it be the prime.

Mike

ps what happened to the post counts im back to 0 and it says i havent been here since 12/3/03 !
Old 07-05-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Make sure you dont have a coolant leak going onto your belt making it slip... First thing I would check for...
Old 07-05-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

When you park the car, check underneath the power steering system for any leaks... also check the alternator to see if there's fluid on there. A leaking power steering system will wind up depositing fluid on the alternator if it's from the pump. I just went through this.