Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

camber problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Default camber problem

i have a 01 Ws6, and i decided i was tired of the stock look so i bought some Intrax Springs. Me and a my friends put them on and I'm not sure how to get rid of the camber in the front. they are supposed to be a 2" drop all the way around but its more like and 3- 3.5 in the front( tire tucks about .5 inchs). i took it to an alignment shop and they said the could align it but couldnt do anyting about the camber problems. i bought upper a-arms not to long ago and put them on, but i havent had it aligned again. any suggestions? thanks for your time
Old 07-25-2005 | 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Negative camber will help your handling. If your alignment shop says they can't do anything with camber, they're worthless or lazy. The camber can be adjusted to a point using the slots in the lower A-arms. If it's a street only car, a shop worth it's name should be able to get you to an acceptable negative camber level, e.g. -1 or there 'bouts.
Old 07-25-2005 | 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

i think he said when i brought it in there that the camber was negative 3 something on both sides. I have a friend that used to live in kc with the same drop on his car and his tires are straight up and down. hardly any unusual wear, and all he has is springs, no a-arms or anything. thanks for your time...
Old 07-25-2005 | 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the lower A-arms are slotted, meaning they can loosen the bolt and pull it inwards to remove the negative camber. I've been in alignment shops that are too lazy/don't know what their doing to adjust anything but toe on a camaro. The biggest favor you can do yourself is to find a GOOD alignment shop and watch them while they work.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/trackbirdz28/alignment.htm

Quick Reply: camber problem