Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

NFB Braking Issue . . . ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question NFB Braking Issue . . . ?

I am perplexed with an unusual problem, to me anyway, and I thought our Brake Brainiacks could give me some advice.

I am working on a LS1 Conversion 63 Corvette, running 13" front 1996 Corvette Brakes, and the matching rear calipers.

The issue that I run into, is periodically the front brakes, get "stuck" in the applied position, thus binding, and causing the rotors to get very hot. Binding so tight, that the car can almost not even move itself. The binding appears to be best described as the more you drive it the more the pressure on the caliper builds . . .

I originally though it was a vacuum issue. We are using the OEM 96 Vette master cylinder and vac booster. The vac line is connected to the same intake manifold port as a stock 2000 Camaro. Originally we use the little vaccuum valve that came on the Camaro donor engine, but it appeared to get stuck, so we elimated it, in hope to solve the problem. Well it didn't.

So, now I am perplexed, is it possibly a master cylinder issue, cause it does affect both front rotors equally? Or would a proportioning valve be the trick?

Sorry so long and thanks in advance for your feed back.

Quick Reply: NFB Braking Issue . . . ?