Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

low trac

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low trac

I installed new rotors and brakes on the camaro and during the test drive/brake up popped this warning on my cluster. It has never happened before and i always thought i had a 3 channel rear, no asr or whatever. I assume I do have a 4 channel w/asr. Any opinions on whether or not i'm right or if it's something diff all together
Old 09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Teching In

The Low Trac light simply means you are in a low traction situation. Basically, if one or more tires come to a stop while the car is still going (one or more tires still rolling), then this light will come on letting you know that you are not getting full traction. This doesn't mean that you have ASR; if you don't have the ASR button, you don't have it. My V6 camaro has this light also and of course it doesn't have ASR.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on the dash (below the center vents IIRC) if you see a switch labeled ASR then you have it, if you don't then you don't have the ASR
You can also look on your SPID (sticker on the drivers door) the code for ASR in NW9 (I think), if that's there then you have ASR
Old 09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you talking about just sitting there or under hardbraking if its under hard braking thats normal...if its constant i would say four channel and you may not have plugged something back in like a wheel sensor or something
Old 09-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Launching!

i have no asr button, and it was under some harder braking so it prob was just breaking the traction and that came on. Prob just some weird incident........we'll see...thanks guys