Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

12 bolt ABS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 bolt ABS HELP.....

I have a question. If I remove the ABS from the rearend Will I lose it up front aswell?? Any ridin around without abs?? Will it effect inspection in VA because the abs light on in the car?? Any help is greatly app....

Last edited by boostedtransam; 09-11-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you alter the ABS on the rearend, the entire system will be unoperable. The car will run fine though. For 2005 in VA, if the Brake or ABS INOP Lights are illuminated, the car will fail inspection. That was what the inspection guy told me prior to me getting the ABS fixed.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the lamp. As long as your state doesn't scan for code deficiencies, you should be fine. Not having ABS will save you a few hundred dollars on your rear end purchase.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacker
If you alter the ABS on the rearend, the entire system will be unoperable. The car will run fine though. For 2005 in VA, if the Brake or ABS INOP Lights are illuminated, the car will fail inspection. That was what the inspection guy told me prior to me getting the ABS fixed.
I agree. In most ABS equipped vehicles if you so much as have a taillight out you'll almost surely throw an Amber ABS light. These systems are very sensitve to even the slightest voltage drops. You can count on the fact that with the amber light present you'll be driving with a basic hydraulic system and no ABS help!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for keeping the ABS; it will make your tires last longer, and keep you braking in a straight line. Some of the factory stuff is B.S., but ABS is a good thing and well worth keeping. If it wasn't I would have removed it to save weight a long time ago.

Quick Reply: 12 bolt ABS