Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframes??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframes??

Hey,

I have heard alot people talking about subframes for our cars and how they really improve the ride of the car. The thing I dont know is exactly how do they work? How do they improve the overall ride quality? I was looking into purchasing a pair of UMI weld in boxed style subframes and wanted to get some opinions on those as well.Also do subframes control the up and down movement the car makes whenever you go over a speed bump for example? My car makes a creeking sound everytime I go over a speedbump or even when I get out of it, will subframes help stop this sound? Any Input would be appreaciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

search
Old 09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm subframes connect to front subfram to the back subframe...kind of creating a full sub frame...so that where your doing donuts or launching hard your body does not flex with all the torque
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
search
Vanish.

SFCs connect the rear and front subframes of our cars so that when you hit the gas/brakes turn hard the subframe halves remain aligned and don't flex or close/open the distance between them. this helps prevent your body panels from getting stress creases. AND increase overall stability.