Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed PRO kit. Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed PRO kit. Help

Hey guys i installed my pro kit like 3 days ago, well i was palnning on leaving the stock shocks ans struts for now because i dont have 500 bucks to get some bilstein revalved by strano. so the ones in the back went in with ease, but when we got to the struts up front the struts rusted hardcore the place where u screw it in on top. so he said im gonna have to get some new struts because he wasnt going to be able to put the stockers them back on, so i went to autozone and made my mom get me some "what ever struts" paid 130 for them(told her i was going to die if she didnt buy them", they where the chapest there. so the guy installed them and the car droped more from the front than the rear. i mean the car looks kinda kool like that but i just ordered some "whatever shocks" for the rear from autozone so i can atleast have the new set. you guys think it will lower it a little from the back with the new shocks, they are adjustable. the rear shocks are orange in color and i think they are the stock shocks from 1999, and before the install the car had liek a 5" gap in the back, then it levelved pretty good with the springs.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

All 4 corners are shocks. Please dont confuse that.

If you want more drop out of the rear, pull your isolater (thick rubber hat ontop of the rear springs) and put 5/8" heater hose on the first coil at the top.

Shocks dont lower the car, springs do. So because you bought cheap shocks doesn't mean thats what's lowering the front more then the back.

All that being said, save up and call Sam. Get rid of those autozone shocks.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

I've made numerous posts about that rust issue. Doesn't anyone research the forums before they mod? Geesh.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Launching!

I have been owned by the rust issue, used a steel dreml to get the rusted nut of the top of one than i ripped the other boot on the other one so i had to go to junk yard and get a new rubber boot for 25 bucks, all i can say was that my spring install was hell