Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC & Tranny Mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SFC & Tranny Mount

Has anyone after having sub-frame connectors installed had a problem with their transmission mounts breaking? I mentioned to my wife that I was going to by a set of SFC's , which she mentioned to her girlfriend whose husband works at a car dealership. He said that putting in SFC's would increase the likelyhood of breaking the transmission mount. Any truth to this or is he out of his mind?
Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations on your quest for a second opinion (possibly a 3rd, 4th, 5th, or whatever it takes). As far as what I've experienced, I had KBDD and an ES Poly Transmission Mount. From what I experienced was some of the noise from the poly mount at first, however, my mount didn't break. As far as the OEM rubber mount, it might, but usually they're not that much to replace.

Not to digress, but as far as subframe connectors on a 4th Gen that will see little or no High horsepower drag racing, they might not be worth it. I have over 107K miles on my Z28, and added the SFC's at ~57K. I have a total of about ~30K in autocross and Solo Road Racing. I removed them at 103K and no difference was made whatsoever. I might actually have a stable chassis, however other opinions might be different. Many use SFC's here, but from what I've experienced from using them, they're more of a placebo mod.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Launching!

How about a car with T-tops? Would it be worthwhile then?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

It might, but for mine, it did nothing. If you absolutely must, I say look at some that just run the length of the rocker panel, and not a double diamond type. The only time I might suggest a double diamond type would be if you have an aftermarket torque arm that is mounted to the tunnel (a la spohn or UMI). In the recent posts, some have noted that SFC's do indeed correct the door and t-top fittings, but once again, I refute that claim since mine did nothing for the t-tops or doors. I also forget to mentioned that I used a weld in box type as well (not double diamond) and it too did nothing as far as imrovement. Just to take a note, I've AXed and RRed, and not drag raced, so depending on what you're going to do, I'd ask more questions before plunking more money that you have to.