Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 questions for the experts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QA1 questions for the experts!!!

i have done alot of searching and have decided on QA1 shocks and struts. My question is what spring should i run for the front i see they have three designs a 275lb, 300lb, and a 325. Also what springs would you recomend for the rear. looking to play around at the drag strip some and mostly on the street. i cut a 1.72 on my junk initrax springs and stock shocks i want to be much lower. thanks for all your input guys.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your getting to the point on where you have to decide whats more important to you, how the car acts on the street and how it acts on the track. IMO QA1's are not a street shock and the spring rates that you listed are comparable to stock so dont expect not to bottom out more than usual if you lower the car, let alone for it to handle on the street regaurdless as to what the shocks settings are at.

BMR makes a spring perch to where you can use a factory style spring on the front and that would allow for better street maners depeding on the ride heigth of the car. You may also get a better respone by posting this in the drag racing section.