Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ebay rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ebay rotors?

saw some rotors slotted/drilled/zinc coated on ebay for 150 bucks shipped, was wondering if anyone had any horror stories with these, or just yer 2 cents.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just get on the rotor GP down in the GP section. 4 crossdrilled/slotted/ zinced rotors with pads for 299 shipped. Its going on until Nov 11th. Lots of people are using them and like them. Mine will be here thurs
Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only horror stories I would have would not be those rotors specifically, but rotors that are cross-drilled and/or slotted. Rotors with these "features" are usually much more expensive and end up either developing stress risers (mostly cross drilling) and/or excessive pad wear (mostly slotting).

FWIW, you can try those rotors if you desire the "looks" of those features, but if it's performance you want, go for some well-made blank rotors.

Want more info, look at this sticky:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/353903-brake-faq.html
Old 11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Launching!

that was a very helpful piece of info there, thanks! I think I'll stick with good ole OEMs or the like but they do look really cool
Old 11-09-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

What won't be cool is when those cross-drilled/slotted/zinc rotors start to develop cracks, and in that case you're gambling with your life.

There are those here on the board that say different things that those rotor face patterns help with, but in reality, those who operate blanks with high performance includes those with a wealth of AX and some RR experience, and they will almost always recommend blank face rotors.

Last edited by Foxxton; 11-09-2005 at 03:20 AM.

Quick Reply: ebay rotors?