Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What type of cage do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What type of cage do I need?

I have searched the forums and have no idea where to post this, so Ill start off here.

I plan on trapping approx 135 or so on pump gas, and i would assume in between 145-150 on race fuel.

My question is, what kind of cages are there out there, and which wil fit my needs the best?

I want something that will be as easy to get in and out as possible.

If possible, id still like to have room in the back seat for people to get in.

Id also like to keep my 6x9's in the back.

I guess id get something with a jig notch where it can swing out, but i dont know the differences between mild steel, chrome alloy, etc..

Any and all information is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

with that kind of trap speed your going 9's.

For cages you can either find someone local to custom fab it around your seating position, or buy one of the wolfe kits.

A cage will seem hard to get in and out of after a while, but youll get used to it. You can go with swing outs, but going 9's I wouldnt not recomend them.

With the cage required to run that kind of trap speed, its no way your gona have acess for a person to the back seat.

The speakers in the back are a set of 4inch speakers, and 2 tweaters (cant remember the size of thoes) but you can get a cage fabbed, or buy the wolfe cage that mounts to the rear deck, but it would require dropping the tank.

Difference in mild steel and chromoly is weight, chromo is lighter. Its not work it on a 6 point, but worth it on a 10 point (what youll need to run 9's).

BTW most 10 points go through the dash of the car.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stang killer
with that kind of trap speed your going 9's.

For cages you can either find someone local to custom fab it around your seating position, or buy one of the wolfe kits.

A cage will seem hard to get in and out of after a while, but youll get used to it. You can go with swing outs, but going 9's I wouldnt not recomend them.

With the cage required to run that kind of trap speed, its no way your gona have acess for a person to the back seat.

The speakers in the back are a set of 4inch speakers, and 2 tweaters (cant remember the size of thoes) but you can get a cage fabbed, or buy the wolfe cage that mounts to the rear deck, but it would require dropping the tank.

Difference in mild steel and chromoly is weight, chromo is lighter. Its not work it on a 6 point, but worth it on a 10 point (what youll need to run 9's).

BTW most 10 points go through the dash of the car.

Thanks for the info.

ya, only reason i want a cage is so i dont get booted at the track. i only plan on running a couple times a year, so daily drivability is more important then that.

would a 6 point cage be legal for 10's? i highly doubt ill have the traction for 9's...
Old 11-13-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea a 6 point is legal to 9.99, after that you need a 10 point.