Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake problem......

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005 | 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Default Brake problem......

Hey guys.. Well I'll get to the point. Sometimes when I press my brakes it fells like its slightly pulsing and my taction control light comes on. SOmething like when I'm going over something slippery. Could it just be my brakes or is it something worse?

thanks
Old 11-27-2005 | 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds normal, the pedal pulsing is the abs working and the trac light means the tires have broke loose. Does it do this everytime you press the brakes or only when you slam on them or like you said you hit some slippery **** on the road?
Old 11-27-2005 | 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Pulsing is not normal unless it is HARD BRAKING, regular braking does not apply ABS! By hard braking I mean you are going to almost crash so you hit it as hard as you possibly can while traveling at a decent speed. If you are experiencing pulsing under light braking then your rotors are most likely warped and need machining/replacing.
Old 11-27-2005 | 11:02 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator
20 Year Member

If the "Low Trac" light came on, the ABS system activated. That light will come on when the ABS system pulses the brakes and when the TCS/ASR system (same system, I think) limmits rear wheel spin.
Old 11-28-2005 | 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LoudmouthLT1
Pulsing is not normal unless it is HARD BRAKING, regular braking does not apply ABS! By hard braking I mean you are going to almost crash so you hit it as hard as you possibly can while traveling at a decent speed. If you are experiencing pulsing under light braking then your rotors are most likely warped and need machining/replacing.
Thats why I was trying to figure out how often this happens, sounds to me like he slammed on his brakes hard enough to break the tires loose and kick on the abs.
Old 12-21-2005 | 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

Nope... this only happens when I'm braking super lightly, like when rollin up to s traffic light going 15 mph. Doesn't happen when i brake hard.