Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

parking brake doesn't work!!! WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

GM didn't have a part number for that spring, it was part of the E-brake handle assembly.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
GM didn't have a part number for that spring, it was part of the E-brake handle assembly.
Kinda figured that was the case.
Thanks for the info.

I really lucked out though as I found an ebay seller who is willing to sell me just the spring for $5 plus shipping rather than buying the complete assembly, which I purchased as I need the spring for the repair.
He credited $26+ to my PayPal account.
His ebay vendor name is firehawkjeff.
Great guy to deal with.
Thanks, Jeff!
Old 05-16-2023, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

If you could take pics of the spring, top view and side view, and some dimensions as diameter of coil, number of coils, wire size, length of the legs coming off the coil. Metzgers has a variety of them but Camaro /Firebird not listed. Might be able to find/adapt something similar.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
If you could take pics of the spring, top view and side view, and some dimensions as diameter of coil, number of coils, wire size, length of the legs coming off the coil. Metzgers has a variety of them but Camaro /Firebird not listed. Might be able to find/adapt something similar.
Thanks for the option. If I didn't find one on ebay I'd go that route but for those who are in the same situation, Metzgers sounds like a good option.
Instead of $40 for the whole assembly, firehawkjeff is sending me the spring for $14 shipped.

Quick Reply: parking brake doesn't work!!! WTF!