Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How much will ride change w/ susp. upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much will ride change w/ susp. upgrades

Sometime before May I will be installing in a Moser 12 bolt. When I do this I planned on adding some aftermarket suspension parts (adjustable LCA's w/ relocation bracket, adjustable T/A w/ relocation bracket, and SFC's). How much will these aftermarket suspension parts affect my ride? I don't want it to be so stiff that every little bump I hit on the road is going to jar the teeth out of my head. And if it is going to be that stiff, would it help to add a set of single adjustable shocks and coilovers? Honestly I don't realy know anything about suspension. I'm trying to learn as much as possable befor I make the purchase. Last spring I added a bunch of aftermarket parts to my motor and made 425RWHP and 391RWTQ on the dyno and now I want to make sure I can get it to hook. This is realy more of my sunny day weekend driver. I will not be taking it to the strip regularly, but want to make sure it will hook when I need to smoke a new 06' Cobra from stop light to stop light.

Last edited by Hotrod God; 12-20-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Those mods won't make you feel every little bump in the road instead it'll make the car feel more stiff after doing those to my car it felt like it was on rails as far as handling is concerned.. If I wanted to make a turn the car solidly turn it was a night and day diffrence. The SFC's will help the most at that. The sway bars make the car feel like it is on rail road tracks. The LCA's are good for wheel hop.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I welded in relocation brackets recently because my wheel hop was really bad.UMI Performance makes brackets specifically for Moser 12 bolt and 9". No more wheel hop. After the reloc bracs get LCA, then pan hard bar, then shock tower brace ,then subframe connectors. UMI has all these parts very high quality and moderate pricing. Check them out.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

The mods u r things of will help wheel hope but will not change the ride. LCA if u use rod ends will make alot more noise. I used poly on one side rubber on the other and had only a little more noise. If u get abjustable, u only need on one side. If u want to chage ride u ill have to change springs and shocks.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input guys. These mods will help me get better traction on a hard launch won't they?

Quick Reply: How much will ride change w/ susp. upgrades