Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lower spring perch...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lower spring perch...

Ok so about a year back I decided to lower my ride with a set of ST springs. (Keep in mind this is before I was enlightened by the wealth of knowledge provided by this site and others like it) I thought I'll cheap out and use the stock decarbons all the way around until I could get some more funding for better shocks. Yeah right, there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell I could get the struts unbolted with the rusty *** nut that plagues everyone, so I hacksawed it off. This was a Saturday and I'm needing my car by Sunday. I decided f'ck it I'll just get some bilsteins now. Well I tried all the local speed shops that were still open, autoparts stores, you name it. None in stock, has to be ordered. The only thing I could come up with was some Gabriel Ultra someshit from autozone. I figured they have to be as good (read shitty) as the stock decarbons so in a pinch I slapped some on the front and kept the stocks in the rear. After a near heatstoke in Arizona summer heat, I have a lowered ride and am stylin' right? WRONG... The stock decarbons were shot to hell probably within a month, but the fronts I have to say didn't feel horrible besides scraping everything.

Lesson to self: Self, get the right **** the first time!

To the point now that I've vented a little, (sorry so long). I'm going back to stock WS6 springs and Bilsteins so I don't KO the Long Tubes I'm putting on. The problem is that the new Gabriel Ultra someshit had the lower spring perch already mounted to the strut, so I chucked the the stock struts and lower spring perches. Now I need new ones to put on the new bilsteins. Besides hunting some down in a junkyard, does anyone know where I could find some? Maybe even an aftermarket set? I would really appreciate any info...Thanks