Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

WS6 drives different everyday!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006 | 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Default WS6 drives different everyday!

Is my car posessed? I swear, everyday it drives different. From the ride being soft then hard and so on, the darting and wandering steering one day, and next day its ok on the same roads. Not to mention the power, sometimes I feel like someone hooked up nitrous without telling me! The difference is sometimes night and day on how this car drives. Every morning I get in and don't know if she will behave! I have owned many other 2nd, 3rd gen's, but this one (2000 WS6, A4, stock) is making me insane! Anybody experiance simular behavior from there 4th gen?
Old 01-20-2006 | 05:21 PM
On The Tree

would the weather be the cause of your curiousity?
my car doesnt handle the same, perform the same when cold
just my.02
Old 01-20-2006 | 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Nah, I live in souther CA, weather is always good. There is no ryme nor reason and its just makes me nutz! freinds will not drive with be cause they freak out when the see me fight the steering on grooved/potholed roads and the hard suspension will put an ache on ya! I know its supposed to be stiff, but its really ridiculas. I have owned a 1980 T/A pace car WS6 and it was never like this, and it handled better. I don't know whats going on here, anybody have the same? I feel like I've been beaten up when I'm done driving it!
Old 01-20-2006 | 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have to fight mine in unpaved roads and crappy roads...my suspension is fully done though. Ive noticed that after I go out for a 10 min drive and then let it sit for 5, hop back in and take off it rides a lot better. Basically when it gets a warm up and a cool down is when it drives best for me.
Old 01-21-2006 | 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

I have a 97 TA WS6 and mine does the EXACT same thing. One day it will ride smooth and soft and the next day it will ride hard and I will be fighting the steering wheel like crazy. So much for the performance tuned suspension! I got 49k miles on the car, but I live in MI so that could be the problem all in itself. Wierd
Old 01-24-2006 | 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's a while I stopped thinking those are well built sport cars.
They have a nice shape, they are fast... but that's almost all.
This is my second TA and both are the same are yours

Quick Reply: WS6 drives different everyday!