Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help with alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with alignment

I have a question, I have a 2000 ws6 with 74k on it, on new/freshly paved roads the car will go perfectly straight, not pull or anything, but on certain roads and in certain spots on some roads the steering wheel wants to turn so bad, like if i was to ever let go the car would go flying off the road, for the most part it drives good, is this just have to do with the tire size? is there something that could help stablize the steering in bumps in the road? Thanks
Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its pobably just the road you drive on.. every day i pass through this road where its half new pavement and half old. it always makes me jerk.

everytime i align a car i make sure i go to a road i know is good.. b/c a bumpy or mishapen road will make your car pull
Old 02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have original tires on your car, they are due for replacement. Even if they have tread left, six years is tough on original rubber, and hardened old rubber will jerk your steering wheel around on grooved roads. Your 2000 is probably OK on control arm bushings for now, but if you're having any work done on your suspension, replace at least the lower control arm bushings with some polygraphites. Have a good alignment shop alter caster to improve handling on grooved roads. Remember too, a little bit of road feel isn't bad; If your steering tells you you're driving in ruts, and its raining; you know to watch out for hydroplaning.