Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering with True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lowering with True Duals

I am wanting to lower my car some, but not much since I have true duals. I have about a vertical coke can's worth of clearance right now, and I really like that. I have just put TT2s on my car and everyone is saying lower that 4x4. I want something that will give me enough drop to look good, but something i won't have to worry about for my exhaust. Are there spring kits available just for the fronts only? That is where most of my problem is I think. I am running 315 tires out back and I don't want to roll the fender lips, or bash in the wheel wells. I want the car to have a nice smooth ride, so what shocks would you recommend? I do not autocross or drag race, so this is more of a weekend car than anything else. I have read good things about the Bilstein HDs, but really haven't seen anything else to my liking. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Clearance now.

Current stance of the car.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a very similar exhaust to yours, and I'm lowered with a pro-kit. For some reason, my pro-kit lowered my car more than most people experience, so I lost about 2" of clearance from stock. You can lower the front as much as you want, but the rear is where you need to be careful. I've got about 3" of clearance at the lowest point. My car is just a weekend toy, so clearance isn't a big issue to me. Guess it all depends on how you use the car.

Quick Reply: Lowering with True Duals