Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS problem

I tried this over in the gears and axels forum without any luck, so I'm gonna try here. I just swapped in an Eaton posi, Motive 3.73's, all new Timkin bearings, and a Ratech solid pinion spacer. Since the swap, as soon as I start to roll, the low trac light comes on and the ABS cycles upon braking. This continues for a few miles then the ABS inop light comes on and I can still feel the pedal pulsing for a few miles then it stops, but the light stays on. Shut the car off and start all over again. WTF? Could someone please share some comments, questions, nasty remarks, anything? BTW, I tried search without any results. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you screwed something up with a wheel speed sensor.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Possibly sensor or reluctor wheel was damaged. Possibly a wire leading to sensor may have been damaged.

If you don't want to repair them, you can easily delete ABS without having to further worry about additional costs down the road or troubleshooting ABS/TCS problems. ABS is nothing but problems and in my opinion not warranted on a performance car most use for drag racing or road racing.

Later, when your ready to purchase a new rear-end, get one without ABS, it can save you quite a bit of money purchasing a rear without the ABS option.

Braking will feel just like stock... (but now you'll never have that pulsing feeling in your brakes...the ONLY times ABS/TCS are being used).

We manufacture ABS delete kits which enable you to completely remove ABS/TCS.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: ABS problem