Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeaking from Rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking from Rear

Theres a loud squeaking that is coming from the rear whenever i drive over bumps. Initially i thought that maybe the rubber isolators weren't in, and i was going to pull the springs out and put some heater hose around them ... but after i pulled the springs out i found that the rubber isolators were in there. Do i need to put the heater hose around the bottom portion of the spring? What else causes that kind of loud squeaking?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Well it's not the lower portion of the spring ... i put heater hose around that end and it still squeaks pretty loud. I can hear it every time i jack the car up and down, i just can't pinpoint it.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have aftermarket parts, make sure all of the joints are well lubricated. That's a common cause of squeaks.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Lightbulb

You might check your rear swaybar linkend bushings and make sure they have grease on them.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HAWKVERT
You might check your rear swaybar linkend bushings and make sure they have grease on them.
you know what... i had my brother jack up the car while i was looking under from the rear and i can tell the squeaking is coming from the sway bar where the U bolts connect it to the axle, not the bushings. am i supposed to lube this part as well as the bushings? if i don't make sense i could take a pic of the area the noise is coming from

Quick Reply: Squeaking from Rear