Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm bushing change

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque arm bushing change

My torque arm bushing is shot and plan on replacing it with the energy suspension one. I did a search but did not find much on any tips on doing it. So if anyone can give me some tips on the replacement i would appreciate it.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll have to drop the tranny crossmember to get to it...other than that, pretty straight forward. There are three bolts that hold the clamshell in place...two of them are through bolts (on the bottom, and one is actually a part of the clamshell itself that only comes out when you take the clamshell off), and the top bolt goes into a blind hole, and is the biggest bitch to get to due it being really hard to get your hand in there. The top bolt you'll be cussing at until you are blue in the face.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
the top bolt goes into a blind hole, and is the biggest bitch to get to due it being really hard to get your hand in there. The top bolt you'll be cussing at until you are blue in the face.

I replaced mine last weekend. Just be patient with that top bolt. Also don't forget to support the rear end before you remove the TA.

Quick Reply: Torque arm bushing change