Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering And what else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering And what else?

I am getting new rims, probably 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 or 11

I want to lower the car probably 1.5 in front and 1 in the rear? What are the best springs for that?

I also want to throw on some other suspension mods so what is THE FIRST suspension mod besides the lowering springs and ofcourse the sfc's?

thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Personaly I don't know why folks always think they need SFC's, I never noticed that that much flex in these cars. I wouldn't know what springs would be best for you. But, I would say without hesitation, the single best "suspension mod" you could do is replace your shocks. Regardless if you keep your stock springs or decide to lower it, good dampers are a MUST. A PHB is also needed with that much of a drop.

Scott.

Last edited by May Spin; 03-01-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not going to be one of those that say "I have ... and love them", however the suspension parts on my sig made my car handle great. No lean, no bouncing all over the place, no disconnectdness whatsover and when I do some spirited driving on the twisties I feel and hear the front tires working. Cannot say that before when the stock parts were there. What works for me might not work for you. In closing I say talk to Sam Strano, he'll send you in the right direction.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

dont worry about sfc's. you wont notice much difference in handling whatsoever. number 1 handling mod you can make is TIRES. Then I'd recommend springs/shocks, thick *** front and rear sway bars as well as a strut tower brace. after thats all said and done you'll be taking those corners lickidy split. As far as which springs/shocks, i have no idea whats good and whats not...i'm in the market myself.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Default subframe c

i have sfc's on my 98 z28 and they made a huge difference. all the little rattles and stuff like that were gone after the install. and it made a differance of at launch. without them i could floor it and spin them all day but after the install the tires chirped once or twice and thats it.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the input guys, sfc's are something i dont really want to do, its almost something that has seemed necessary when talking to everyone. but i would rather spend the money on springs and tires and all that so i dont know we will see, thanks for the input
Old 03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Along with lowering springs, get an adjustable panhard bar and GOOD shocks. The shocks will make the biggest difference, and the panhard bar will help re-center your rearend after you lower.

Personally, I felt my biggest handling improvements were shocks and swaybars, in that order.

-Mike