Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

those w/kenny brown sub-frames, come in..

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default those w/kenny brown sub-frames, come in..

did any of you guys have any trouble getting your kb sub-frame connectors welded to the car? ie: it appeared that either the car or the connector was warped/twisted?

upon installation of mine today we had to mess with the front and rear points of contact, as they were roughly 2" away from the "frame"..

we had to heat the front one and bend the metal tab...the other 3 we just used a bigass prybar to hold them inplace while they were being welded.

any input is appreciated, thank you!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have to do that to mine when I installed mine (now removed). All of that hard launching probably got your vehicle's chassis out of whack, so the better thing to have done was to have your chassis geometry checked before installing. Yes, it's a hard pill to swallow, however when you brace a monocoque that's warped, you've got a stiffened yet warped chassis.

Another possibility could have been that your KBDD SFC's had a manufacturing defect, however the only possible way to discover that would be to measure the dimensions of the SFC as well. I am assuming that you did that as well, however it never hurts to mention. Anytime I get an item that will be installed on my vehicle, I ALWAYS inspect the part and the other corresponding part it goes onto, not once but twice, regardless of who's installing it, no exceptions. I know that many here in this forum hate the **** retentiveness of that, however a lot of the problems that could have been solved without wasting a whole lot of time, money, and labour occurs because they don't double check the fit of the part before installing.