Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Braking Problem..Help!!ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Braking Problem..Help!!ASAP!!

So My friends mechanic istalled my new rotors and brake pads a few days ago. I was gonna do it but I had some personal problems soI had to go out of town. When I came back, the car was ready to go. He told me that when he was installing the left drivers side brakes, the piston came out, and it spilled brake fluid. After the job was done he supposedly bleeded the lines. Now here is my problem: When it took the car out for a test drive yesterday, the brake pedal had to much play, I had to push it about half way in order for it to grip a bit, I was going about fifty on the expressway, and had to come to a stop. I pushed the brakes but the car was only slowing down a bit, I slammed them all the way down, but the car wouldn't stop. It would just slow down gradually. I could hear the pads just rubbing on the rotors. I was scared ****-less, because I thought that the car wasn't going to stop. What should I do? Do I have to bleed the brakes again? I want to fix the problem myself. Please Help. thanks guys!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

The brakes weren't bled good enough.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Regular

What is the best way to bled them? Does the car have to be on/off? Help me out!!

Quick Reply: Braking Problem..Help!!ASAP!!