Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering kit

I'm looking to lower my car just a little to get rid of some of that gap. With the mods on my car stated below, what would you all recommend for a spring kit? My 2 choices right now are Eibach Pro/Hotchkis. Leaning towards the Hotchkis cause I hear of sagging in the rear with the Eibachs. Also, because I'm not "Joe Mechanic" someone else will be installing the kit. About how long will it take to change over the springs? My car is a daily driver and i know I will need to get my caster & camber adjusted after, is there anything else that would be needed?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Veteran

You should do some research on how to install them and save you some cash.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It isn't something that you want to tackle unless you are somewhat mechanically inclined. There are also some tools that you will need, i.e. a spring compressor tool, air tools (just because it's hard to put as much torque on some of the nuts on the suspension with just hand tools), jack and jackstands for safety. Be sure to change your shocks at the same time. Stock shocks will not work properly with lowering springs. Depending on how much you want to lower your car, you might be able to get away with just purchasing Koni SA shocks and use the stock springs. You can get about 3/4" drop that way. If you HAVE to have 1" or more, then go with one of the 2 spring kits that you want and a good Bilstein HD that has been set to your liking or Koni SA or Koni DA shock.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Sills,
I already have Bilstein HD's on there, but they are not revalved. I got them about a year ago through Thunder Racing. Will those shocks be fine with either of those kits?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gordonloser
Hey Sills,
I already have Bilstein HD's on there, but they are not revalved. I got them about a year ago through Thunder Racing. Will those shocks be fine with either of those kits?
Hey bro, I am pretty sure you have to have them revalved in order for them to work with a lowering spring. Go to Stranoparts.com and contact Sam Strano through his website about your shocks. He will more than likely know exactly how the shocks come from Thunder and he'll be able to steer you in the right direction. From what he told me when I talked to him, you won't be able to use HDs set for stock springs with lowering springs. http://www.stranoparts.com