Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

new shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shocks?

i finaly have the money to get new shocks. the ones on the car now i think are factory so its time to change them. i was wondering is the slp bilsteins any good? also i want to lower it so i was thinking a coil over kit but all i have found is global west and groud control, any opinions or should i just go with lowering springs? thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SLP Bilsteins are specifically valved for the SLP springs.

Bilstein HD shocks work well with stock springs, but are not intended for lowered springs. Koni Single Adjustable springs work very well with both stock springs and aftermarket springs, since they're adjustable.

Ground Control coilovers are popular choices, but they have their drawbacks as well and are overkill for most people. For most people, a set of higher rate lowering springs work better.

Take the whole package into consideration. What swaybars are you running? Do you plan to upgrade them? Are you looking for a drag racer? A cone killer? A show car?

Call Sam Strano. www.stranoparts.com. He'll talk to you about your goals for the car and give you solid advice.

And the Search button seems to be working now, so do some searches in this forum and you will find lots of good information.

-Mike
Old 03-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock 02 Z28. Just put a set of SA Konis on. What a difference! (Thanks Sam!) Konis on lower perch,hose mod on rear. Lowered car approx 1/2 in. Doing suspension in stages. That way, Ill know when to stop! Sway bars next.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy
I have a stock 02 Z28. Just put a set of SA Konis on. What a difference! (Thanks Sam!) Konis on lower perch,hose mod on rear. Lowered car approx 1/2 in. Doing suspension in stages. That way, Ill know when to stop! Sway bars next.

Glad you like them!!!! That's what it's all about, and I'm guessing you found out why I put shocks on the top of the list. Bet the car rides better too!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its like a different car. Tightened things up nicely. Still could be a little better nose-dive and body roll control-wise. Its getting there, but the shocks made a HUGE difference. Thanks for your expertise,Sam. Customer Service is not dead!