Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Upgrade

I have a 2002 SS with the Bilstein Ultra Suspension Package (SLP option that came with the car). What was all included in this package? Bigger front and rear sway bars? I was looking to lower the car about 1 inch or 1.5 inches. I was looking at the DMS springs with Koni SA. Is that an upgrade from what I have already have?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Here you go, taken from the slp brochure.

"Hollow 35mm front swaybar significantly reduces body roll. Includes revised endlinks, reinforced body mount brackets and firmer bushings. Progressive rate springs, front and back, have been specifically designed to provide a comfortable ride and superior handling. Re-calibrated Bilstein shock absorbers provide improved handling and maintain ride quality. Rear lower control arms with firmer bushings reduce wheel hop under heavy acceleration. Larger 21mm rear swaybar and bushings decrease body roll. " Front spring rate 223-448, rear 97-136. I'd change the springs and shocks. The koni's are good, I don't know about the DMS springs. Good web page to look at for spring comparison. http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help.