Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Kyb AGX adjustable strut install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kyb Agx

I have a 98 z28. everything is basically stock except for air lid 160 thermostat and complete urathane bushing set. i wanted to change the struts / shocks but i was on a budget because i just had a baby. Back in October i changed all 4 to some chep set (delco to be exact) the other week i discovered the driver side strut leaked all the oil out and was shot. So i have to change them all again ( so much for trying to save ). I have to do it one by one now due to lack of funds. I bought a Kyb AGX adjustable strut for the driver side and installed it. My question is does the adjuster **** face toward the engine or toward the wheel. I tried to have it face the wheel but i could not get the two bolts on the bottom of the strut to go in. I tried to twist it but ended up breaking a flat head screw driver and bustin 4 knuckles on my hand when i turned the strut the bolts went in with no problem. but now i cant see what dial it is on. If anyone can give some type of input id greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The adjuster faces the engine.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
The adjuster faces the engine.

yup. Sam Strano should be along here shortly to bash you for buying those shocks though
Old 03-29-2006, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

i just swap rear shocks on my ride and i found out i had kyb gas adjust shocks on the rear.the car would bottom out on bumps with passengers in the rear. got a set of bilstien hd's and im going to test them now.

kyb sucks ***
Old 03-29-2006, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

If you plan on lowering your car, I'd stay away from the KYB AGX shocks. I'm speaking from experience. Way back before I knew nothing about suspension I went with sportlines and KYB AGX. Damn did the ride quality turn to ****! I still have em on because I'm too lazy to change em out, plus I'm spending money on other mods!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Teching In

well i live in the Big Apple NYC so i cant lower the car cause if i do, the bumper will get destroyed due to all the pot holes in the street.