Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help...irritating squeak

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help...irritating squeak

i have a 2000 ws6 with a 12 bolt. I just installed some drilled and slotted rotors.After that my car makes a squeaking noise that goes with the speed of the car, the faster i go the faster the squeak, the slower i go the slower the squeak. It sounds like a sharp metal object hitting a flat metal object. So the next day since i was cheap the first time i went out and bought some break pads hoping maybe that would remedy the problem, but it did not. Only other thing I could think would be to replace the clips that hold the pads but i did not think you had to do that. Also i lifted my car up but didn't rotate my tire the clips look as if they were not hitting the rotor. Please help because now i like my car better when it is not moving.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Regular

i guess no one has the same problem as me but i have fixed it. Had to put some liquid on the back of the brake pad called anti brake squeal from advance
Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem

I changed rotors, brake pads, shims, lubed the caliper pins, put that messy goopy crap on the back of the pads, still made the noise, my buddy and I finally found the problem, the rear passenger side axle was bent
Old 04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

i got the problem fixed if anyone ever has this problem I needed to put anti squeal on the back of the brake pads and that stopped it

Quick Reply: help...irritating squeak