Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Post install spring/shock issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post install spring/shock issues

Yesterday I installed Koni SA's and Eibach prokit springs, all the way around. The rears were a breeze, fronts were a little trickier with the rusted drivers side nut at the top of the shock mount. Anyways, after the install the ride is now very bouncy in the front end. Also I seem to have a vibration in the steering around 55 mph. Well, being as tired as i was finishing this up last night I was rushing and forgot a few things. I torqued the shock nut all the way down(Should of been 33ft.lb), I didnt adjust the spring perches, and didnt adjust the shock so the adjustment window is facing where I can get to it. It looks like I'll be redoing the fronts this weekend.

So my questions are: What could be causing the car to bounce at the slightest little bump and why does my steering wheel shake at around 55 mph?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

You could have thrown your alignment off when you did the front springs. As far as the bouncing, you shouldnt have that at all. I really have no idea what could cause bouncing.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Probably did throw off the alignment. It pulls a tad bit now. Well anyways, I think im gonna try some diffrent springs aswell, the pro-kit just slammed my T/A, not my style.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Launching!

An alignment is a must after a shock/spring change. Where did you set the Koni's rebound?