Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

settle a debate

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default settle a debate

two of my buddies are having a hot debate and i would like to get some educated input:

the first has a 1st gen camaro that is a dedicated drag car and has a top $ suspension setup. he claims that every piece of the suspension has helped his ET and he swears by it.

the second has a 4th gen street car which will never see the strip with only mods being drag shocks and !swaybar. his arguement is that stock suspension is adequate until it reaches breaking point. the only purpose of aftermarket is added strength.

now me i have a street/strip LS1 car and i am trying to attain low 12s with my pig weight bolt on street car. would i be wasting my money on new suspension or will be see reasonable gains at the track? has anyone ever changed their suspension and saw their ETs drop and is not just making assumptions?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think a good set up will lower your times definatly because it will help u launch harder and keep traction when doin it. weight transfer and everything plays a big part in drag i think. stock suspension works for some guys but racing suspension definatly drops times

Quick Reply: settle a debate