Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

E Brake ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E Brake ?

I have a rattle on the rear drivers side and it is really bothering me. I am trying to find out if anyone has any pictures of what the E brake should look like behind the rotors so I can see what is missing from mine or what is wrong with mine.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll post a pic when I get home, I have photos of it from doing the rear end install.

Basically there's a black cable with a loop at the end of it, and a big spring covers the last 6" of the cable. That cable slips through a bracket on the rear end, and little prongs hold the cable in place. That loop on the end slips over the hook on the eBrake.

Not sure that would cause a rattle. Check your spare tire and make sure it is not loose - although it is on the pass side noise does travel and play tricks on the mind.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no spare tire in the car. When the E brake has no tension on it I can get under the car and wiggle it so I no it is not tight. I am not sure what is rattling but if this isnt the problem I stilll need to fixx this because I should not be able to move it. Thanks for the help and please post the picks when you get a chance thanks.

Quick Reply: E Brake ?