Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Turn One pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Turn One pump

When my car got stolen two weeks ago I knew that the power steering unit was on its way out. So I bought the Turn One power steering unit with the underdrive pulley but put off putting it in.
When my car was recovered, repaired and back in my possession I found that the stock unit was really bad. It was tight, then loose and didnt give very good feed back. So I replaced the unit yesterday. It was the easiest part I have ever changed out on that car. And the new power steering pump is great. Its tight and responsive. Good insurance to do preventative maintance.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool, can you post a link to where you got it??? While on the Hot Rod Power Tour, I spent close to a hundred miles on curvey roads between the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Needless to say, on the second day, near the end of Skyline drive, my power steering stated to howl as I went around turns and the steering became stiffer. So I know it's only a matter of time before it bites the dust. I see you have a 99 firehawk, did they come with power steering coolers standard? I may try and pick up one from the junk yard because I'm not sure you can buy them from anywhere.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can you buy the Turn One power steering unit with the underdrive pulley ????? im game i need one .....
Old 06-20-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...0602htp_power/

www.lingenfelter.com/store/cbpumpls1f.html

Quick Reply: Turn One pump