Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Could use a little relocation bracket advice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could use a little relocation bracket advice.

I've got the Random technology brackets sitting in the garage, however, when I dove in and was ready to put them on, I realized that I'm to "modify" the brake line brackets.

I lack any welding equipment, so I'd like to make sure that I do this right, the first time, since it'll cost me.

My thought was to widen the bracket, since there seems to be enough extra metal to break the weld, then widen it just enough, then slip it over the relocation brackets.

But, I'm open to any ideas at this point. But, I just put the 18's on tonight (after the hammer mod to the rear inner fender), and the first thing I did out of the driveway was spin. I can only imagine how bad it would be, once it's dropped.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

<small>[ May 22, 2002, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: 1tightZ ]</small>
Old 05-24-2002, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Could use a little relocation bracket advice.

When I put mine on, I just cut the brackets with a dremel tool. Took like 30 seconds.

Go to www.installuniversity.com Thats where I get my info.

I had the bolt on one though. Cant help you with the welding.
Old 05-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Launching!

I had to do the same thing with my LG brackets, I had the bracket cut in half, and it was just mounted on one side (outside i think?). they work fine even though there is less support.

after it was all said and done, I thought about welding the open end of it to the relocation bracket for some more support, but oh well, I really dont think I will have a problem with it.

Hopefully if anyone has had a problem, they will chime in, but i think you'll be fine.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

When I installed my BMR bolt-in relocation brackets I was planning on cutting the brake line support brackets and then tacking them on. However, after cutting the brackets (cut was made right at the bend - similar to that shown on the installuniversity link above) they were still as solid as before. I never did weld them, just touched up the bare metal with paint - haven't had a single issue with them in almost two years.
Old 05-30-2002, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Ditto with Fulton 1

Quick Reply: Could use a little relocation bracket advice.