Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP!..need new suspension!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!..need new suspension!

You can look at my mods in my sig, i have alot of wheel hop, i want to upgrade from my level 1 SLP suspension cause it sucks, i need something mostly for street use, but will work good at the track.
I want to spend around 400 for front and rear shocks and springs, and sugestions
I hate my current set up and need to upgrade ASAP
Old 02-28-2003, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: HELP!..need new suspension!

For traction problems, I'd look at rear shocks and control arms (based on the budget you mentioned) and/or LCA relocation brackets. Leave the front suspension alone for now. When you have more money, work on the front end....Just my thoughts. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: HELP!..need new suspension!

I second trackbird ....

Get some LCAs (I say double rod ends.....they don't add that much noise and they preform 500% better) and relocation brackets (just get the bolt ons...they are indestructable and no worries of botched weld jobs).

Another thing, what panhard rod do you have? If its the non adjustable one from SLP GET RID OF IT! Get an adjustable one so you can center the rearend for those springs. Here also, go with double rod ends....they are positive and there is ZERO added noise regarding panhard rods.

Chris

<small>[ February 28, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: 2001CamaroGuy ]</small>

Quick Reply: HELP!..need new suspension!