Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

diagnose this problem! please??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default diagnose this problem! please??

well ive been noticing that since my LCA's and PHB my rearend tends to want to float or jump back and forth somewhat? Also a little chatter going on back there. And just recently gettin vibrations....not in the steering wheel but just noticing it mostly at around 2800-3000 rpms and after tc locks up at around 1000rpms. WTF is this?????? TIA guys
Old 08-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Well I'm just going to rattle off some ideas, hope it helps. I would make sure everything is still torqued down to spec, even the two rear bolts on the TA. Are the TA and transmission mounts still in good condition? Also, what kind of lca and phb are they, adjustable/nonadjustable, poly/poly, poly/rod or rod-rod? Just some good starting points.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

im pretty sure they are both poly/poly Nonadjustable from UMI Performance. I still have the stock tranny mount w/ 60,000 miles on my ride. really bothering me!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Launching!

I would start by getting under the car and making sure everything is still torqued down. IMHO you might as well replace the TA and transmission mounts also, they are cheap, about $40 for both. Not to get off topic but is Graham near Greensboro? I am moving there next week and wanted some insight about safety and emissions testing. Can you have side windows tinted and how dark? And good luck!
Old 08-03-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah greensboro is about 30 min from graham. I think 65% is the darkest you can go on the sides and 95% on the back. you talkin bout the Torque arm mount?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Yes, torque arm mount and the transmission mount. My cars is a six speed but I noticed a difference when I replaced them. It was a little noisy for about the first week then settled down. These could be contributing to your problem but I would really make sure nothing is loose back there. A few bad pot holes and some hard launches could have loosened things up, it wouldn't be the first time. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: diagnose this problem! please??