Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bump steer kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 07:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump steer kit

Has anyone used the bump steer kit from RK Sport (or any one else)?
How do they actually work? What does it change in the suspension that eliminates or reduces the bump steer?
After installing HALs, Eibachs, and new wheels/tires I have a bad bump steer problem and the car almost feel "unstable". I did have an alignment done and it was set back to stock specs.
Will going with diferent alignment specs help at all or will it make the problem worse?
Old 04-11-2003, 07:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: bump steer kit

What specs did you set the car to?? Also what does toe do when the car moves up and down?? How much did you lower the car??

225-343-9029
Old 04-12-2003, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Eibach what Pro or Sportline. The alignment has nothing to do with needing the bump-steer kit. What is your toe at? If a car is lowerd more than 1.5 baer says you should have a Bump kit as the angle to the rod end is way to much
Old 04-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Launching!

I don kinow what the specs for the ignment re. I had the print out but I cant find it.
They set it back to what ever the factory specs are, I remember looking at the print out that they gave me and it had what the factory recomended specs were and then what they set the alignment at and all the specs were right on.
I have the Pro Kit but I am not positive on how much it lowered the car because I also have the HALs so they are height adjustable. It is more than 1.5" though.
What does the bump steer kit actually do and how does it work?

Quick Reply: bump steer kit